I am buying three machines.
1) Axelson 16-48 or so lathe with moderate wear
2) Monarch 16-30 model C or some such lathe, with severe way wear
3) Cincinnati 50 taper horizontal mill.
The price is $1,000 for all.
I am thinking what to do with them. My plan, as of now, is to
1) Take the tailstock and a couple of things for the Monarch
2) Scrap the Monarch and Cincinnati for cash
3) Sell the tailstock
4) Keep, refurbish and sell the axelson.
My assumption regarding the above is that a Monarch with severe way
wear is not economically repairable.
Am I wrong about that?
10 years ago