question about an eBay listing

I saw this listing for an eBay item...

(Item number: 7572607719) a CNC mill.

I don't know if it is good or not; probably more machine than I am interested in, but...

They say in the listing, "We reserve the right to end this sale , if the machine is sold locally."

Does eBay allow something like that? Sounds like a violation of rules to me. Even if I was interested, this would stop me from bidding.

Should I report them to eBay?

Reply to
xray

This is allowed but the auction must be cancelled at least 12 hours prior to the scheduled end of the auction. Agreed, it not a very good practice. I usually try to sell locally first and then put it on eBay.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

I recently bid on a Gorton tool and cutter grinder. It was up to about $35 when the seller pulled it. I emailed and asked why..and got a terse one line " Item lost"

I then emailed him back and asked how a 375lb, tall shiney gray piece of machinery got lost? And mentioned that if it was refound..Id be interested.

I then got a reply email saying that the seller had an interested offer for $1000 and did I have a counter offer?

My last, now unanswsered email was "so you admit you lied? Ill be sure to keep this in mind, when reviewing your future auctions"

Oddly enough..no response. I should have turned him into ebay..but whats the point....

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Oddly there's a real outbreak of cast iron black holes. The Shaublin 12 horizontal milling machine I wanted to bid on suffered the same fate.

It just kinda got misplaced.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

[snip]

[chuckle] OK, so he's a liar with a pretty low standard of ethics. Since when has that bothered the folks that run eBay?

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

wow thats a healthy amount of tooling