question: keeping a bolt tight in a hot frying pan

    Keeping a bolt tight in a hot frying pan
    That's the problem. Lovely non-stick frying pan, but the handle
loosens frequently. Wife got a replacement for the stove, but wants to keep this one for baking. So, removed the handle.      It was not as I thought, a problem from a steel machine screw going into an aluminum pan. There is a steel bracket that the screw threads into.     And there is a split washer on the screw, but it seems to be to have gotten flattened. While the pan doesn't get really hot, it does, apparently, get hot enough to remove any temper in that split washer.     So, my question, does anyone know if there are split washers or the like, made for a "high" temperature environment? This is right now purely for information. Unless she buys another pan, it is of purely intellectual interest.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich.
Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote

:-) I've been married for nearly 50 years and all that time I've been tightening handles on cooking pots :-)
K & R make high temperature lock washers
https://www.k-rfastenersinc.com/product.php?productidB88&cat137&page
--
cheers,

John B.
On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 07:16:59 +0700, John B.

A good conical spring washer works good too - it is the change in temperature and differential expoansion that allows them to back off. The "belleville" type I believe they call them, is a "pretensioning spring".
On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:58:09 -0700, pyotr filipivich

You need a "star" lockwasher instead of a "split" lockwasher and a slightly deformed thread helps too - NOT deformed at "the tip" but about 3 threads from "tight"
"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Keeping a bolt tight in a hot frying pan ... tschus pyotr ================================The bolts through this Zytel nylon bracket kept loosening until I drilled and safety wired their heads. https://tinyurl.com/yctw5dcp
The wire is just loosely bent so it doesn't shake out, not twisted together, and it's kept the pump and motor bolts tight for over 20 yrs.
On Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 7:58:08 PM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:

wasn't there a discussion recently here about how split washers really don't do anything? And John B. is right: tightening pot handles is part of being married.
On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:58:09 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:

cool

Generally speaking a internal ar double star washer was the washer of choice for good cookwear