Question on oil additive

fromCermaTechnology.com? I got into a heated discussion with another Yahoo

First of all CerMax has no PTFE's and if you know anything about Slick

50 is that it is Teflon which coats the engine and can clog up the oil ports. CerMax embeds itself into the metal and doesn't build up on the metal it fills in to imperfections of the metal resulting in a ceramic glass on glass surface resulting in less friction, less harmonics making all the addon such alternator, starter and the such last longer because what makes them wear out is the vibration from the engine.
Reply to
mshoars

Real emissions tests are measured in Grams per Mile, not percentages and parts per million. They also take about six days to complete, vastly different than your 'quickee' ASM tests. Also, the test numbers on the supposedly "treated" engines are no different than what I've measured with my 5 gas analyzer on identical vehicles that I -know- have been no where near your ceramic monkey jizz.

All your tests show (not prove) is that there was a change in the samples taken at the exhaust pipe, the effects of which could be that the engine was allowed to warm up more on the later tests versus the earlier tests.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Believe what you wish. These tests were done in a controlled environment without any control by us by certified EPA/C.A.R.B. as well as independent third party testing labs for over five years

Reply to
mshoars

Or, believe what -you- wish.

That explains the meaningless test methods.

So, how many bubbles are there in a bar of soap?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I wasn't sure if you've been around or not. I remember a number of posts from Andy, and doubt that a spammer would go to that much trouble in advance.

Reply to
ATP*

On 17 Mar 2007 12:42:07 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@myclearwave.net quickly quoth:

What about that one reading of 5160.0% relative humidity? Something was wrong in that test yet it was cited. That's bad press. ------------------------------- Iguana: The other green meat! -------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

snipped-for-privacy@myclearwave.net wrote in article ...

Now, THAT's funny!!!

Every statement you make takes you further and further out there........

Next stop....Twilight zone!

Reply to
*

Good eye. I missed the micron part. I was thinking about a rod bearing with 0.002" clearance. Let's see, if we add 0.002" around the journal surface it would be 0.004" larger. And we add 0.002" inside the bearing, it would be 0.004" smaller. I believe what we have now is a locked up engine.

Another red flag was the distributor's claim that after treating his engine, standard transmission and differential that he could travel at the same mph with the engine turning less rpm! I'll grant you that a more slippery lube will absorb less power but I'm pretty sure it is not going to change the gearing.

When he started extolling the virtues of this product six months ago, the was another Cerma site. Similar stuff but they said it took 350°F to bake it on. When I asked how he baked it on without disassembling the engine or transmission, his attitude changed real quick. That is when the name calling started. My understanding (which is subject to change) is that true ceramic is fired at over 1100°F.

The FTC hammered a few of the oil additive companies that made unsubstantiated claims. I'll be following this one with some interest.

--Andy Asberry--

------Texas-----

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Quite a bit over. Depending on the particular ceramic, vitrification takes place from 1650°F. for some low firing clays to 2550°F. for porcelains.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

It would be a lot more believable if you had ever posted to usenet before.

Lets just say for instance that you just happened to change ISP's, and you just happened to be looking at a news group dedicated to metal working. When all those stars line up you ALSO happen to be an expert on an obscure product that happened to be under discussion.

Or you sell the stuff and you where searching usenet archives to jump in and sell us on the virtues of the scam you got yourself into.

One of these scenarios is more likely than the other....

Reply to
marc.britten

snipped-for-privacy@myclearwave.net wrote in article ...

Please explain how this apparently "miracle" product can discern between embedding itself into the cast cylinder walls ".......resulting in a ceramic glass on glass surface", yet NOT embed itself into the "imperfections" in the cast crankshaft - which would throw off the balance and actually exacerbate harmonics....

So, if your snake oil embeds itself into my cast crankshaft and exacerbates the harmonics, it could actually cause me to replace more starters and alternators?????

Reply to
*

I'm done wasting my time with you You will hear about us and it will be good until then............................

Reply to
mshoars

alternator,

there........

You're absolutely right!

When I read about the company being brought up on fraud charges, and see the company's executives being led out of their offices with coats over their heads on television, it WILL be good!

BTW - How does the "ceramic" know how to coat only the proper surfaces and not to get onto bearing surfaces and chew them up????

Magic????

Reply to
*

You guys check check out the CermaTechnology Myspace page which has a link and referral code to order.

100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
wittchow

You can use ID 10223 to order. visit

for more information

Reply to
SamlyKu

that was a misprinbt it is supposed to be 51.6%

Reply to
mshoars

On 2 Apr 2007 18:31:00 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@myclearwave.net quickly quoth:

A certified and guaranteed misprint? Uh, right. As far as I'm concerned, any misprint on a QC/QA/test sheet instantly disqualifies it from use. And if anyone uses it as a guideline, they're instantly suspect as well. G'luck, sport.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A miracle product like this, yet it has its website on a teenage dating board? WOW, that gives me lots of confidence.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell