R-8 Snap Change

--Just wrote a long post and promptly sent it to oblivion. First question: anyone else here use the R-8 Snap Change system on their milling machine?

Reply to
steamer

--Argh! Posted to wrong group initially; here's the whole post for the right group...

-------

--Curious to know if anyone else here uses one of these. I'm a happy camper; have had mine for almost 30 yrs now. Had occasion to call them the other day as I had a minor issue (2nd in 30 yrs; not too shabby!) with the unit and I'd forgotten how to make the torque adjustments correctly. --Anyway we got to talking with the owner/inventor, name of Reinhold and boy can that guy talk! Turns out he's 78 yrs old now and I don't think anyone's going to pick up the ball when he finally calls it quits (no time soon I hope!). I'm thinking of picking up a spare unit if only to have parts if there's another issue in a dozen yrs or so. I think it might be wise for other users to do likewise. The website's pretty basic but here's the link:

steamer