R-8 milling cutter adapter

I just saw an R-8 adaptor go for $114.50 on e-bay. It was a lot more than I was willing to pay for it though it did have a number of cutters with it. Does anyone know where I could buy one of these. It was an R-8 shank with a 1" dia. keyed shaft with threads and a nut on the end. It is made to hold milling cutters with a 1" keyed hole. I have plenty of milling cutters for my horizontal milling machine, but it would be nice to have a shank like that for my vertical milling machine.

Reply to
Paul G. Shultz

MSC, Travers tool, Quad Cities, J&L, KBC all have these shell end mill arbors.

They don't come cheap, but an import unit, possibly with one cutter included, will be no more than the $114. If it came with, say, 10 cutters that were in good shape, that would be an awfully good price.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Looks like you could make one with a R8 arbor.

Or if you are handy with a lathe, make one.

Reply to
Rex B

Paul, On eBay, two sellers offer Chinese imports of good quality. JTS Machinery and Supply Co. and 800watt. They offer them in 7/8", 1" and 1,

1/4". They come with key, bushings, shims and nut. However, they do't have them on auction at the moment. I have bought them from JTS at well under $100. Steve
Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Appears to be about $ 78 at ENCO assuming I hit the right thing.

can't testify to the quality though. I got my import version via J&L and it seems to be passable for the price.

Koz

Reply to
Koz

My first stop for stuff like this, they are half way between home and work. Sending a link along, they probably have at least one of them on hand.

John Sullivan

Reply to
John Sullivan