WTT/WTB 1" Convex milling cutter

Im looking to trade or ..cringe, buy (cheap) a convex horizontal milling cutter that will cut a 1" half round groove. I need one to make up some rifle scope mounts. Id prefer 1" arbor but can adapt a larger hole. I cannot use a smaller hole

I have lots of other styles of milling cutters I could trade for this, both horizontal and vertical. Including some carbide vertical cutters.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

One inch radius, or one inch diameter?

Jim

jim rozen

Gunner, I have few convex cutters; one might be the right size. Please confirm that you're looking for a 1/2" radius cutter. Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Schwitters

I have a box of horizontal milling cutters; straight, concave, convex, even a couple specials. I will take a look, if I have something you can use, it is yours for whatever it costs to send it to you.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Blink..1 inch radius. I want to be able to sandwich two sections together as scope mounts..to hold a 1" tube.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

way COOL! Id be happy to swap something for them.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Chuckle..I guess Im confused. Im not awake yet. I need to be able to cut a half round groove a 1" diameter tube will lay in.

Is this 1/2" Radius or 1" half round? Im actually a bit nonplussed here. Help me out will ya?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner, I took a look in the box earlier and don't have a cutter with that profile. I don't use any of them, so if you want I'll put a list together and any you want are yours, like I said before for whatever the shipping would be. Some are insert style, others are HSS.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Wouldn't that be 1/2" radius (recalling your other post that says the tube is 1" diameter?

-Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

0.5 radius will fit a one inch tube - it's the same as one inch diameter.

You must have gone to a republican school - the kind where math stopped with addition and subraction!

:^)

I'll check my milling cutter dept.

Jim

jim rozen

Any chance you could use a one inch diameter ball nose end mill?

Jim

jim rozen

Way cool! I cant use any with a diameter bigger than 5". Id be happy to take any/all of them that size or smaller, as Im really using the horizontal a lot now days. That and the shaper.

The little Clausing 8540 is a powerful beasty, but the overarms are set a bit close to the spindle. I have some bigger, if anyone would care for them. Freshly sharpened and a number of matching pairs.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

I think you are correct. Mea Culpa!

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Nah..I was sleepy and hadnt had my cig and Mt. Dew of the morning yet.

Thanks.

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

1/2" radius.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

One cig and one Mt Dew? You mean you can start with just one???? It takes me a pack and a case just to face the office :)

I checked also..only had a 1" radius cutter. Have some near 1" convex cutters but they are more a rectangle with highly rounded corners.

Unless you want em 10" diameter..got a couple of those you can gave for the freight :)

Seriously, I have a few weird profiles about 5" dia..beading and such from a shop on it's last legs that was makin cribbage boards just to fill the time until bankruptcy. If you want em, they're yours for the UPS charges. As long as someone can use em :) Can't send an inventory because they tend to be weird and not easily described.

Koz

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Koz

I'll get them together in a box and see how much it weighs. I'll email you direct with details on the package weight, contents, etc.

There are some over 5" if anybody else is interested, same deal applies. They are of no use to me anymore as I got rid of my horizontal when I moved to a smaller shop. I'd rather see someone who can use them get them than send them off with a barrel of steel scrap.

While the horizontals are on everyone's minds, I also have an endmill holder from my old Cincinnati 2MH that is up for grabs. It is a NMTB(?) 50 taper, so it might fit something else.

Reply to
John Sullivan

A belated thanks.

Gunner Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Weigh em and figure the charges to 93268, if you would be so kind Sir.

Ive been able to buy new or newly sharpened horizontal mill cutters for $4 a pound, but its hard to find slab mills and various profile and odd shapes.

Thank God for Reliable Tools.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks! Zip code 93268