Airco manual

An old friend just called. He has an Airco welder he's used for decades but it's now on strike.

Airco 0475 1341-0178

is what we know. He was told Airco made it, not just labeled it.

Anyone know where a Fine Manual might be had?

Reply to
David Lesher

What is the model Name ?

Gunner

-- "Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

"250 Ampere AC/DC Heliwelder"

It's orange & white. He thinks it as built by Midstate not Miller or ESAB.

Reply to
David Lesher

Orange and white ..and the name "Heliwelder" would make it an Airco product. Probably built by Midstate.

Or: The BOC Group Ltd. made the Airco brand of welders, which are no longer produced. The company applied for a U.S. trademark on the Airco brand name on Friday, January 2, 1970. Headquartered in Windlesham, the United Kingdom, the BOC Group, Ltd. is a subsidiary of Linde AG."

"Some was made by Westinghouse as well. The gas division was bought out by BOC gasses originally I think. Airco was a pioneer in cutting machines and produced some of the finest ever made. Koike/Aronson was making the Radiagraph which Airco invented in 1937, I believe, and is second to none but stopped production after 65 years probably so they could sell more of their own machines. That is what most big shops still use because it has never been improved upon. I know a big shop that has a few dozen of them. Airco invented MIG and it was introduced in 1948 under 2 patents. They were early with TIG as well and called it Heli welding while Linde called it Heli arc or vice/versa. Lincoln also bought some of Airco. I Have 1980 general products catalogue that's an 1/2 an inch thick. I also owned a 1959 Hornet Special with an F140 Continental that was every bit as good as an SA200 and about the same size. I would be curious to find out why they sold out all their divisions. They were right up there with Lincoln, Miller and Hobart. Dave"

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

These people are supposedly quite good with Airco.

Hummm...you know...I too may have that same welder out in the cargo container.

Ill have to check. Its my "spare" machine. and is rather..buried at the moment.

If I recall...mine was allegedly made by ESAP.

Gunner