WTT/WTB 1" Convex milling cutter

Need slab mills? I have a few in various conditions from seemingly good and sharp to chipped and beat...I'll sort through the lot and see if there is anything usable in the bunch. Give me a couple of days though...socked up with work the first part of this week.

Koz

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Koz

Slab mills GOOD!!! Uh Uh UH! Got More Power!!

Thanks Koz..I have a customer/friend whom runs a tool and cutter grinding shop, and I can get a bit of a discount on getting the helical slab mills sharpened. Still Hurt$ but putting a slab mill against a fly cutter? No comparison if you have a handle on speeds and feeds. The little Clausing, I kick into back gear, spin it around 120 rpm, crank in .25 depth of cut, a bit of feed and step back....G-d I love the sound of a good slab mill chewing steel and spitting out those needle sharp 2" long spiral chips. Its a toss up between it and a shaper doing the same work..incredible swooshing sound

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

This is *one* reason the cats are not allowed down in my shop!!

Jim

jim rozen

Chuckle..the first time I ran a slab mill, and found out what kind of chips it makes, prompted me to make up a set of lexan guards that keep the chips on the table or on the tray below it. Both for the cats safety and mine. I use flood coolant, so that helps a bit also, in keeping the chips sticky and the lexan keep the oil on the machine rather then decorating the drill press next to it.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner, There are 63 pounds of assorted cutters from about 3" to 5" diameter, assorted stuff. Some straight, some small slab, some with radii, etc. I'll get a shipping estimate to you later on.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Thanks John. Thats quite a pile

I checked again this morning and I can use a 6" cutter. It gives me .25 clearance below the overarms. I thought that the biggest cutter Iv been using was 5", but it turns out to be 6" . I really need to learn to use a yoyo more often..sigh.