Remember that satallite?

The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over" fixture? Well I think something similar happened here:

Jim

jim rozen

well, at least they set it out by the trash container. or is that a re-cycling cart? --Loren

Reply to
Loren Coe

Looks like a gust of wind caught it. ;-)

Reply to
Dragon Doctor

Reminds me of reading the book for my driver's ed class, uhmm, a *few* years ago. As an example of how not to write an accident report it said something like,"I was proceeding along the hiway when the steamroller suddenly darted out from a side road..." Wonder if the perp in this case had a similar kind of enlightened rationalization.

michael

Reply to
michael

That sort of reminds me of when I was a kid of abaout 13 or 14 and used to use my dads small one ton roller they used for small asphalt jobs and such , after school if it was in the yard to go roll folks lawns with after the winter season was gone to make the frost upheavals etc smooth out and make the lawns nice and flat and make a buck or two. I had a lawn to do which was located down the hill from our house. I never gave it a second thought,. Put it in gear and headed to the job down the asphalt roadway, came to the hill and started down the steep long grade. It kept getting faster and faster, and the brakes did not mean a thing. It actually seemed to go faster when I put on the brakes........steering did not mean much either as it was pretty well dead set on going in the direction it wanted to go. Tried to use reverse to slow it, and I swear it actually seemed to go even faster down that hill. It did eventually come to a stop on its side with a good case of road rash just like I got, not counting the belt rash I got from my dad when he had to go get his roller. Wild ride, and not one that I would want to make again.

I would suspect that this is what happened to this roller, as its mainly on brick pavers unless it fell from a trailer. Since it appears to be in europe somewhere its bound to have some grades in the roadway as well.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Actually it appears to be in a handicap parking zone. I guess the driver was (mentally) handicapped.

Reply to
Nick Hull

That guy's gotta remember to put the kickstand down!

Reply to
Artemia Salina

. . .Here in Ontario, that would be a $75 parking fine, if you even encroach on a Handicap Parking space.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"

Reply to
Brian Lawson

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 06:43:40 -0500, Brian Lawson brought forth from the murky depths:

It was up to $264 in California before I left the state, and I see that it's up to $325 at UC Riverside campus. Most places now boot and tow, which effectively doubles that.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That kind of stuff happens all the time.

Here's my personal favorite:

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:31:28 GMT, Alan Moore brought forth from the murky depths:

Add "How NOT to lube your blade guides" to the list:

CAUTION: Very gory. Don't look at it if you're sensitive.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How about the day I was cruising around with SWMBO and her elderly sister. I parked in a designated spot, displayed the permit, Loaded SiL in her wheelchair, and went shopping. When we came back, there was another vehicle between mine and the one in the next space, i.e. three cars in two extra width spaces. It did have the required permit, but that didn't hamper me from leaving a somewhat rude note, or messing up the aim of the rear view mirrors while attempin to gain access to my vehicle! There is a great shortage of horses in this world compared to the number of horses asses. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Yeah. You'd be surprised at the number of motorcyclists who think it would be quick and easy to clean and/or lube their chains by putting the rear wheel up and doing the job under power.

Nobody does it that way twice. They run out of fingers.

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

Nice shop and a good selection of cutters on the back wall.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

In California it's somewhere a bit north of $300. And the striped access spot is not a legal parking place.

If I was there (driving Mom somewhere who has a legal HC placard) I would have left my car right there and called the police to come out. And written down all the pertinent information, and called the DMV if they left before the police arrived - IMHO someone needs to do a quick investigation when you see stuff like that, the type of person who squeezes in the middle like that probably has a stolen or fraudulently obtained HC permit.

That striped safety zone is NOT a legal parking place, even with a legit placard - and anyone with a legit placard knows some people need a lot of room to get in and out of a car - or have mobility or vision issues and if they're squeezed in will probably hit the other car while backing out.

They did a study, for some locations that have a high incidence of HC tags parked in red zones or at parking meters for long periods or all day for free. And a LOT of the HC tags they checked out were bogus. One notable place was around county courthouses and government buildings, and the offenders were lawyers, and their clerks interns and investigators. Go to your golfing buddy the doctor, and get a note stating they or their employee are eligible for a HC permit...

If the permit is legit, the person it's issued to has to be in the car, or else it's ticket time. Grandma dies and the offender keeps using her placard instead of turning it in, after all it's still good for another year...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

My wife is elligible, but was mortified when I mentioned it too her.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

I actually saw this happen once in San Marcos Texas sometime around 1987.

Reply to
Jeepers

My mom fought it tooth and nail for a few years, until the arthritis in her knees got so bad she was in a wheelchair if she had to go more than a few hundred feet at a stretch.

She had two new titanium knees implanted just a hair over a year ago (ObMW Content ;-) and she's now good for a mile or two a day, plus the usual around-the-house stuff - but using the HC parking spot by the front door rather than parking at the other end of the parking lot can add another 1/4 mile onto her limits that can be used elsewhere...

Screw pride - if mobility is an issue, take advantage of the help.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman