Re: Quantum radar will expose stealth aircraft

>> Will taking off in an F16 soon be equal to taking off in an F22 wrt the

>> fact that they can both be seen!? > >I doubt it will happen "soon"... but it's a stern reminder that stealth >technology is just a bet against the ingeniousness of physics grad >students in the next 5 decades... > >At least the F-22 is also a superb plane on top of being stealthy, so it >could still fight on even terms with other fighters with the stealth >advantage removed. The F-35 is a different topic...

The University of Waterloo is literally just around the corner from me, and is well knownfor spawning very successful startups from it's research and development - so it depends on your definition of "soon".

I'd say 99.9% it will be less than 20 years. Better than 90% less than

  1. In 5years? - less than 50%..

This is time to develop and commercialize.

Reply to
Clare Snyder