Madness at the gun show

20,000 people looking for ammo.

Midway has had 1,000,000 unique customers this year.

There is no where on the internet that is not out of stock for pistol bullets.

Magazines are sold out.

Ruger, the biggest gun manufacturer, is not taking any more orders.

Today I saw bricks of Rem Thunderbolt 22 ammo sell for $75 each. And people were buying them.

Reply to
clark

There's a sucker born every minute.

What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition on hand????

Reply to
clare

All of them. Anyone who actually goes to the range with any regularity knows that 100 rds is nothing.

Reply to
Pete C.

Trolling? or You do not own a gun? The reference was for .22 ammo. There are a lot of small bore match shooters and wannabees. For practice, a brick is probably the normal purchase to have on hand.

Even in Canada, Small bore rifle .22 is the most popular competitive shooting sport and .22 handguns are permissible for competition. Canada, actually, sends men and women all around the world to represent Canadian shooting interests. You knew all that, and are trolling.

Reply to
"*

I have several thousand rounds of 7.62 ammo, and I am damn glad I do.

Ignoramus28776

So you have an expensive hobby.. I can see it if you are a target shooter - but it's not target shooters that are causing the run on ammo. It's nut-cases figuring they need enough ammo to run a private or civil war for 4 years again.

Reply to
clare

I'm fortunate that I ordered a few cases of selected calibers before all hell broke loose. It's like anything else you might buy at Sam's, COSTCO, etc. it's cheaper in bulk and it doesn't go bad.

Reply to
Pete C.

Actually the run on ammo, guns, magazines, etc. is almost entirely first time gun owners, many are asking me or others I know for advice on what to buy. All the long time gun owners stocked up last election, have all they need and in some cases are selling some surplus for a tidy profit. As for expensive hobbies, I have many and shooting is one of the cheap ones.

Reply to
Pete C.

Well, flying is definitely more expensive, as is building the plane. Cars too.

What I was getting at is, if you want to have an expensive hobby, you don't complain about the price. It's your choice. If it's not a hobby, having a lot of ammo sitting around does not make much sense.

Reply to
clare

Indeed, but cheaper now than after a ban.

Over 50% of the world, duuuude. Keep watching the headlines for the US, clare. Some elitist idiots in our gummint are about to pull something very, very stupid. It's only a matter of time.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have a couple hundred rounds of 7.62 - Linked.

People look at ya funny when you pull that stuff out. :)

Reply to
Richard

Don' know. My Granddad had two boxes (20 in a box)of -55 cartridges. Lasted him something like 30 years. That is a legal one deer a year and a second if the Game Warden was policing down in the next county :-)

Reply to
J.B.Slocomb

Did you hit anything? Or just make a bunch of noise?

Reply to
J.B.Slocomb

But the Administration doesn't have the money to pay air traffic controllers at busy regional airports.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

It may well change over time, however sealed in the cartridges and stored under reasonable conditions it doesn't deteriorate rapidly enough to mater in human lifetime scale. The ammunition I purchase today will be just as good and useable in 40-50 years when I'm expected to drop dead.

Reply to
Pete C.

That's your parnoid conclusion. The USA will NEVER have more restrictive gun laws than Canada - and anyone with an FAC can buy any amunition they need in Canada at a "reasonable" cost. Can't buy it at Wallmart or the corner store - but we can't buy liquor there either.

Reply to
clare

Bet it wasn't .22

Reply to
clare

2 plus one for the truck and one for the plane.
Reply to
clare

With nut-cases hording guns and ammo the government mabee has reason to be conserned??

Reply to
clare

I was thinking the same thing. The FBI probably is reading these NGs, and they may be preparing to do what Eisenhower had to do at Little Rock, AR: send in the 101st Airborne.

The gun loons are worried about registration, but I don't think we'll need that. Rusty pickup trucks in the yard and washing machines on the front porch will give them away.

Reply to
Ed Huntress