Madness at the gun show

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 13:36:01 -0400, Ed Huntress

It's all about perspective. Jim Carrey does a nice job laying it out. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey
On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:22:01 -0700, whoyakidding's ghost

Ohmigod, that's good. What's just as funny is the comments. He really plucked some gun nutz' strings. Strings are what they have where normal people have a sense of humor.
--
Ed Huntress

Sublety is not Carrey's style. You have to like that down-home, heavy-handed style of humor -- delivered with a brick.
--
Ed Huntress

No, but the war between the states was about a little more than JUST slavery. Tarriffs, states rights, and minority rights were all part of the cause of the war - Slavery was a contributor.

George Plimpton wrote:

I wouldn't want to stand in front of a .22 coming my way. They may be small compared to others and not the highest velocity, but still very deadly nonetheless.
On 3/23/2013 7:37 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Trolling? or You do not own a gun? The reference was for .22 ammo. There are a lot of small bore match shooters and wannabees. For practice, a brick is probably the normal purchase to have on hand.
Even in Canada, Small bore rifle .22 is the most popular competitive shooting sport and .22 handguns are permissible for competition. Canada, actually, sends men and women all around the world to represent Canadian shooting interests.      You knew all that, and are trolling.
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:37:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Indeed, but cheaper now than after a ban.

Over 50% of the world, duuuude. Keep watching the headlines for the US, clare. Some elitist idiots in our gummint are about to pull something very, very stupid. It's only a matter of time.
--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle

That's your parnoid conclusion. The USA will NEVER have more restrictive gun laws than Canada - and anyone with an FAC can buy any amunition they need in Canada at a "reasonable" cost. Can't buy it at Wallmart or the corner store - but we can't buy liquor there either.
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:39:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Had you thought my statement through, you might have come to a different conclusion about what certain events may, um, trigger. I'll wait for your brain to catch up.
--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 12:39:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

So now a bureaucratic civil service paper pusher that knows nothing about firearms is now qualified to judge an applicant's sanity.
This is exactly the reason all gun laws are opposed. Why should I have to kiss the ass of some retard power crazed clerk to be able to buy or own more than 100 rounds?
To see where this leads, follow the abuses by the TSA groping/abusing our vets, cripples and little kids and stealing their toys. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/12/amputee-vet-humiliated-on-delta-flight/
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
message

What compulsive control freak brands you insane for demanding your constitutionally-guaranteed civil rights?

Think again Gunner. The charter of rights and freedoms guarantees us at least as many rights and freedoms as your much-ammended constitution.. Some DIFFERENT ones, but no less.
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:37:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Don' know. My Granddad had two boxes (20 in a box)of -55 cartridges. Lasted him something like 30 years. That is a legal one deer a year and a second if the Game Warden was policing down in the next county :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Did you hit anything? Or just make a bunch of noise?
--
Cheers,

John B.
On 3/23/2013 7:37 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I use 1k/mo., sometimes more.
Someone who needs ammo for sport, hunting, or self defense.
What sane person thinks they need more than 100 rounds of ammunition on hand????
Jim Carrey fans:
"<http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/25/hee-haw-jim-carrey-mocks-gun-lovers-charlton-heston-in-spoof.html
Dennis wrote:

"<http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/25/hee-haw-jim-carrey-mocks-gun-lovers-charlton-heston-in-spoof.html
Refresh my memory. Is he a 'has been', or a 'never was'?

enough left over to pay them.
On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:40:46 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

C: Both of the above.
He's probably the highest paid (gross) comedian of all time...so far. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/jim-carrey-net-worth/
He married the Tom Skerrit's gorgeous deputy (Lauren Holly) in that lez-daughter-of-the-cop series, Picket Fences. Daughter went on to witchy hotness in Charmed.
He was pretty good in The Mask, but I couldn't watch the rest of his crap, such as Dumb and Dumber.
--
Larry Jaques wrote:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/jim-carrey-net-worth/

Wasn't that a documentary on politics? ;-)

enough left over to pay them.