Re-sharpen bandsaw blade?

Using a fairly new very coarse bandsaw blade sawing some aluminum castings a few teeth were damaged. I think maybe a piece of sand took
'em out. Anyway, the rest of the teeth are fine but there are perhaps 8 teeth in succession that are damaged and of course now the saw jumps when these teeth come around. The blade is a good bi-metal variable pitch blade. So I'm wondering about just sharpening the bad teeth since most of each tooth still remains. Anyone done this? Got any advice? Thanks, Eric

I have my dull 16 foot long sawmill blades reground for $8 locally. It depends on what the sharpening shop has for equipment.
-jsw
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:07:34 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote: So I'm wondering about just sharpening the bad teeth

Try it. What do you have to lose?
If you are up to making bandsaw blades , you could just cut out that section and weld in a new section.
I have silver soldered bandsaw blades. Took a chunk of steel and milled a slight edge into the block and then used a couple of small C clamps to hold the blade using the milled straight edge to align them. Scarf the blade etc.
Dan
/