Re-sharpen bandsaw blade?

Using a fairly new very coarse bandsaw blade sawing some aluminum castings a few teeth were damaged. I think maybe a piece of sand took 'em out. Anyway, the rest of the teeth are fine but there are perhaps

8 teeth in succession that are damaged and of course now the saw jumps when these teeth come around. The blade is a good bi-metal variable pitch blade. So I'm wondering about just sharpening the bad teeth since most of each tooth still remains. Anyone done this? Got any advice? Thanks, Eric
Reply to
etpm

I have my dull 16 foot long sawmill blades reground for $8 locally. It depends on what the sharpening shop has for equipment.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 1:07:34 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote: So I'm wondering about just sharpening the bad teeth

Try it. What do you have to lose?

If you are up to making bandsaw blades , you could just cut out that section and weld in a new section.

I have silver soldered bandsaw blades. Took a chunk of steel and milled a slight edge into the block and then used a couple of small C clamps to hold the blade using the milled straight edge to align them. Scarf the blade etc.

Dan

/
Reply to
dcaster