Re: What is a Variac?

- The list of Obama administration disappointments would take three rolls of toilet paper to record. --BMF

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've never seen those on the surplus market and suspect they are snapped up by low budget theatres like summer stock to replace ancient resistive dimmers.

All I've seen at a flea market was a batch of filter chokes from an SCR lighting panel. My attempts to make a high current 60 Hz LC filter have mainly shown me I need more education on filter design.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I have a 3 phase, 4 or 5 wire inline power line filter. I used them in machines I designed - they are 100 amp per phase working current. Enclosed in a metal Tub. It works 1/2/3 phase if the Neutral and ground are present. (some states and countries allowed 4 wire some 5.)

It was mounted in a power module - large breakers and power feeds and a number of 220 and a few 120v sockets. Lots of switching power supplies lived off it. The filter was the first off the breaker.

Available. Mart>> Don't forget the LOG based winding for lighting controls on stages.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn