Record 5" Machinist Bench Vice

My 5" Wilton will be bolted and Loctited into threaded holes in a piece of 1" plate welded to my welding table, which is 5'x5' 1/2" plate top, I-beam and pipe frame. It may walk off, but it'll take some work.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Currently it's clamped to the "bench" with a 10" G-cramp. I haven't yet built proper benches for the workshop, so I'm using scrap desks/tables from work.

They aren't bad tables, with 40mm chipboard tops. I've got some in the garage that I've fitted draws to as well. They are alright for sitting computers on or light fitting work but they really aren't solid enough for any heavy work like sawing and chiseling.

I've got a cheap-and-nasty Record branded vice bolted to the tables in the garage, along with a 2mt bench drill press, but I wanted to do proper, solid benches in this workshop.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand