Refrigerant recovery unit -- vacuum pump?

Thanks for pointing that out. Unless it is a recovery/recharging station I certainly wouldn't expect that much out of it either. The recovery unit I used years ago for automotive systems shut the system off at about 17 inches Hg. It also had a scale and a circulating pump and filter for cleaning the reclaimed refrigerant. It was essentially a refrigerator compressor with some valving.

Reply to
Rick

It does indeed! Some pumps in good condition will go down to microns of Hg. That would make no noticable difference for degassing or soldersucking.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I did! That is a wonderful description of what it sounds like and what's doing. Loved it!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Thanks, Don and others. I picked up the recovery unit today and will check into it. A lot of good advice was given.

Ignoramus19961