Remington Razor

Hi All,
I heard on TV tonight an ad for a Remington electric razor that hyped the fact
that the blades were titanium coated and that titanium was noted for its
sharpness ( I assume they mean hardness) I was unaware that titanium, or any
of its alloys or treatments, came anywhere near the rockwell numbers associated
with hardened tool steel. Am I learning something new about titanium or
creative marketing?
Rick
Reply to
Rhbuxton
I'm sure they mean TiN coatings, not the base metal. Titanium has more testosterone sound to it than "A few molecules thick coating"
Reply to
Tom Gardner
They probably mean titanium nitride (TiN).
Ed Huntress
Reply to
Ed Huntress
Electric razors have always been sold with big lies, like "Shaves as close as a blade, or your money back."
There are good reasons to own and use an electric razor, at least on occasion. But shaving "as close as blade" (or having titanium-coated blades, or some other silly gimmick) is not one of them.
The stupidest thing was converting to multiple narrow heads instead of one big one some years ago. Pure marketing, at the cost of performance.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
Shave????
Gunner
No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith
Reply to
Gunner
(8-)>
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
They probably think we wont lay our head on a surface plate & run a tenth indicator over our face.
Reply to
Wwj2110
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:46:48 GMT, Gunner brought forth from the murky depths:
"To remove stray hairball from chin area using a sharp object." or "To remove food collector from chin area using a sharp object."
God's teeth, have you forgotten boot camp already?
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT? ---------------------------------------------
Sin-free Website Design
Reply to
Larry Jaques
No- But I have seen a couple of silly twits laying their heads on a granite table and measuring the thickness of their fat heads with a Tesa Microhite :-) Almost fell off my stool laughing :-)
Wwj2110 wrote:
Reply to
James P Crombie
On 08 Dec 2003 03:00:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comCANSPAM (Rhbuxton) wrote something ......and in reply I say!:
Only half joking. Interested in others' thoughts.
Not necessarily. With TC tipped stuff, mostly in rec.woodworking (the Wreck), there has been much said about various TCT qualities. Many comments have been made about the crystaline structure and voids in some of the cheaper TCT saw blades. They may be of equal hardness, but the edge (sharpness) can vary greatly. So the material may hold whatever sharpness you can impart, but not get as sharp as a better quality.
**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email
Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured by man's. There would be nowhere to go. Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.
Reply to
Old Nick
Im still trying
Gunner
No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith
Reply to
Gunner
Isn't that what you do with a skining knife? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Well I bed to differ. I have been using electric razors for many years and you couldn't pay be enough to go back to using a blade.
And I think that three floating heads works very well.
And yes I have a remington high end razor too.
chuck
Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood