Rivet Spinner

Can anyone tell me the proper profile for the spinner to do chainsaw chain? Yes, I know "Why?". I am retired and it is a challenge. I bought at an estate sale a Lot of the right size chains, but all too long. I have the splitter taken care of with an adaptor for the arbor press. Thanks Chuck P.

Reply to
Pilgrim

It may not be spun, motorcycle rivet-type master links are done with a handheld screw press. A bicycle rivet press might be just right.

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Chainsaw chains are spun. There are many types of spinners on the market. Just google them or on Ebay. I am too tight to pay the cost and the cheap Harbor Freight one has bad reviews.

CP

Reply to
Pilgrim

Fair enough, but that does not mean they must be spun.

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

good pic here, if yuo assume at least some of the items are for spinning-

spamTHISbrp