Roman dodecahedron

Boris Mohar on Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:59:36 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Considering that the Romans used a duodecimal (base 12) system of fractions for measurements and calculations ... difficult to say.
pyotr
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
Yawn. You and John keep trying to project yourself on others. More of a man means that she isn't afraid of the job at hand, unlike you idiots. I'm not conviced that either of you have ever held a woman.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
You need to use more care in your attribution. I was the one who said, "It's a Roman Magic 8-ball. ;-) "All the holes being different sizes suggests some significance there, albeit I can't imagine what."
Then you and the other trolls and their baiters started chiming in.
Hope This Helps! Rich
Reply to
Rich Grise
If the holes weren't different sizes you could not differentiate its orientation. Maybe it is some sort of sun dial, or a calendar?
Bill
Reply to
Bill
Why are you so sure it is *not* used for measuring penis size, thusly determining the attendant social hierarchy? Might I add, I would have needed a much larger dodecahedron......
Coulda been part of the brothel system, as a kind of screening device, you know, wear'n'tear'n'shit.....
Fwiw, I much prefer "But Drunk" over that irksomely dorky "Hope This Helps!"..... goodgawd.....
Reply to
Existential Angst

Site Timeline