Round Base for Machine

I am looking for a 12" round base for a machine I am building. The one that is on the prototype appears to be stamped steel piece with a 1" high rounded edge and about 1/8" to 3/16" thick. I need to find something similar, but am not having any luck. I can buy a 12" piece of aluminum and machine it if I have to, but I would rather save the money and time. Anyone have any ideas where I might find something like this?

Thanks for any help. -Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

Visit Goodwill or yer local thrift store. Look for old iron weights.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Bake drum/rotor ? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Hum - Sounds like a cover I designed for my surface grinder.

Think layers.

A plasma machine guy - like me - cut the large flat. Then they cut two rings out that stack or 4 or 6..... Stack them - tack them, weld the batch together.

Mart> I am looking for a 12" round base for a machine I am building. The one

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Why do you want to bake a drum?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yum!

Title: Savory Baked Drumfish Yield: 6 Servings

Ingredients

2 lb black drum fillets; or other - fish fillets 2 ts lemon juice 1 ds pepper 6 sl bacon; chopped 1/2 c soft bread crumbs 2 tb chopped parsley 3/4 c thinly sliced onion 2 tb bacon fat

Instructions

Skin fillets and place in a single layer in a greased baking dish, 12x8x2 inches.

Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.

Fry bacon until crisp.

Remove bacon from fat. Add to bread crumbs and parsley.

Cook onion in bacon fat until tender.

Spread onion over fish.

Sprinkle crumb mixture over top of onion.

Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Possum Kingdom Lake Cookbook

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Damned left handed touch typing did it again. My brain works faster than my finger. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Baked carp: Remove all bones and spread carp skin side up on a basswood slab. Bake in moderate oven until the skin starts to curl at the edges. Throw the fish in the garbage and eat the basswood slab. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller