Round holes with flat bottoms

I hadn't realized it was that bad.

Yes -- it sure sounds like your mill is lacking in rigidity.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

My mill chatters worse on shallow holes than deep ones where the end mill has lateral support over a larger arc. Perhaps you could bore a through hole in a small steel plate and clamp it onto the work after starting the hole.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

My mill chatters worse on shallow holes than deep ones where the end mill has lateral support over a larger arc. Perhaps you could bore a through hole in a small steel plate and clamp it onto the work after starting the hole.

jsw

How about a plug tap?

Reply to
Bill McKee

Bad reception here, please repeat your last transmission.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins