safety glasses/bifocals

greetings, as the years pile on and the prints get smaller i find myself in need of a pair of safety/bifocals and after searching online i found
these..http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf2.html . just curios as to anyone might have a little info on this brand or any others that work or dont work (easily scratched) thanks cj
"cj" wrote in message

You might want to consider something like this instead:
http://tinyurl.com/34au7f
They're stick on magnifiers that you can use with any safety glasses and when the glasses get scratched you can remove them and move them to a new pair. Quite a bit cheaper in the long run. The link above is to Amazon.com but Grainger sells them and I believe I remember seeing them on the Grizzly site.
"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"
No matter what coating they have, they will scratch easily. I've found that most scratches are due to operator behavior. My bifocals have a 2nd bifocal at the top, great for working under an auto lift.
To avoid most scratches I suggest: + clean by washing then air dry + don't lay them lens side down + don't let the temples touch the lenses
Many recommend a soft carrying bag that can double as a wiping cloth. Be aware that the temples may/will touch while in the bag. I clip the temples together with a small binder clip before inserting into the bag. I get a good life out of mine by following these tips.

I'm in the shop a lot, supervising students but not actually getting that close to the machines. I use hardened glass lenses in my regular trifocals, then add some z87.1 side shields I got from McMaster. P/N 2571T1 at $4.43 a pair. Not as good as real safety glasses but a lot more practical for me.