SB Carriage stop part

Among the tooling that came with an Enco lathe, there was a micrometer carriage stop. I have since learned it is from a Southbend, and it's missing a part. That part is a screw with a coneshaped section that sits directy under the axis of the micrometer section, fathest fro the bed rail. I need that part, or I need a clear picture of one so I can duplicate it.

The item I need is screwed into the right side of the item pictured here (with respects to Al Babin)

Rex B

I think the screw on mine is original because the paint on the screw slot end matches the rest.

It is a 5/16" screw, about 1.4" long overall. The head is a stepped cylinder, not tapered. The smaller diameter that fits into the 0.5000" slot in the micrometer body is 0.470 dia X 0.110 long. The larger diameter that supports the body is 0.749" dia X 0.177 thick. The shank is threaded to within 1/8" of the head. The other end is slotted for a screwdriver and is slightly recessed into the 3/16"-thick locking nut on mine.

The micrometer body is marked "1200 RT3" and it fits a 1965 Heavy 10 with hardened ways ("X" in the serial number). jw

Reply to
jim.wilkins