weathervanes

I'm interested in learning to make weathervanes. Does anyone have any ideas-books, classes, etc.

Reply to
filosijones

I've always preferred the "weather rock" to the "weather vane" as the weather rock provides a lot more useful information. LOL The weather station in Rockland, MI uses a very distinctive "weather rock" hanging from a piece of logging chain:

David

" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
David Courtney

Try Keith Whipple, who's made weathervanes in the form of WWII US military aircraft. I know a nice guy here on rcm helped him make LED marker lights for those vanes:

Keith is the webmaster and spearhead behind the Atomic Veterans History Project. That's a website devoted to the reminiscences of guys (Including yours truly) who were involved with atomic weapons testing during the cold war daze.

You can contact Keith through the email link at the bottom of this page:

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia