Schrader valves

I need to find schrader valves for a project. Straight, nickel plated.
Are these valves normally brass? Would silver solder be appropriate for handling 175-200 psi air?
thanks
gary
Reply to
gary556
Try the air compressor section of a hardware store.

Jim Wilkins
Looks like McMaster may have some too:
Leon Fisk
for handling 175-200 psi air?
Depends on the application. You can get them in all kinds of configurations. Most use a rubber seal of some kind. I think I have a bag on my parts board with some that that have an NPTF thread instead of a rubber seal.
McMaster is a good source, but if its a test or throw away application look on places like Ebay too.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
With brute force and ignorance, I strip the rubber off used tire valve stems (from the waste bucket at the tire shop), wire wheel them clean and silver solder them into a drilled out (1/4") quick-connect plug. Of course I don't use higher than 100 PSI, but I can't envision a problem at reasonable pressures up to the limit of the valve itself.
Reply to
Gerry
wws