Schrader valves

I need to find schrader valves for a project. Straight, nickel plated.

Are these valves normally brass? Would silver solder be appropriate for handling 175-200 psi air?

thanks

gary

Reply to
gary556

Try the air compressor section of a hardware store.

Jim Wilkins

On 8/17/2019 6:47 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > I need to find schrader valves for a project. Straight, nickel plated. >

Depends on the application. You can get them in all kinds of configurations. Most use a rubber seal of some kind. I think I have a bag on my parts board with some that that have an NPTF thread instead of a rubber seal.

McMaster is a good source, but if its a test or throw away application look on places like Ebay too.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

With brute force and ignorance, I strip the rubber off used tire valve stems (from the waste bucket at the tire shop), wire wheel them clean and silver solder them into a drilled out (1/4") quick-connect plug. Of course I don't use higher than 100 PSI, but I can't envision a problem at reasonable pressures up to the limit of the valve itself.

Reply to
Gerry

wws