sealing an oxidized silver ringq

I am oxidizing a silver ring so that it looks black. The problem is the oxidization wears off after time especially since it is a ring. I am using liver of sulphur to oxidize the silver. Does anyone know of a different process or some sort of seal that would keep the oxidization on the ring longer. I have heard of using clean nail polish but it makes the pieces shiny which i would like to avoid.

Thank you, hb

Reply to
horatioB