Regaining the tarnish on a silver ring (follow up)

Thanks to all for your suggestions!! Here is a followup.

The ring has spent the folowing:

A couple of days in an egg white/yoke mix. . . no visible change (but the cleaning was 'interesting').

A couple of days in a baggy with an onion slice and a day with diced onion. . . no visible change.

Two days in a baggy filled with propane (refilled for the second day). . . . this time there was _some_ new tarnish.

Looks like the gas is the 'leader' but just wearing it may be just as fast .

I think the wife will see if the jeweller has some "liver of sulfur" next time she is in Silverdale.

Thanks again!!

Bob rgentry at oz dot net

Reply to
Bob Gentry

If you are going to get some liver of sulphur and want to keep it for future use it needs to be stored in a specific way I am told, else it goes off. The jeweler should know.

Michael Koblic, Campbell River, BC

Reply to
mkoblic

If you are near a Black neighborhood you could ask for ingrown hair remover with sulphide in a pharmacy.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins