Shade-Tree Metal Hardening

Two pins, about half again the diameter of the wire to be bent, spaced about three wire diameters apart on center.

I.e., for 1/8 wire a pair of 3/16" pins about 3/8" apart (I used .4", 'cause it made the math easier as I cranked my table around).

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Here is an elcheapo little jig that can be found for sale in a lot of places:

Another inexpensive wire bender from same:

This is another one that I like the looks of, WT has about the cheapest price I've found for it, Micro-Mark has it too:

I would like to see some measurements and/or plans for the latter. Looks decent and shouldn't be too difficult to build.

Reply to
Leon Fisk