Shop heat question

Larry Jaques fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
I took one four or five week regimen of it almost 30 years ago, and although my sensitivity slowly increases with time (not being exposed very often) that was enough.
It's a progressive-dose thing... 1/4 tab a day for a period, then half, up to two tabs a day... then done for decades of immunity.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
Wow, impressive. Do you remember the name of the product?
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Um, -how- long ago did you say you tried these, sir? Note the date on that newspaper ad.
'll try the Hylands.
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus
Reply to
Larry Jaques
It will not*generate* moisture but warm air will *absorb* moisture. This will then precipitate on anything colder than the said air, etc. etc.
Michael Koblic, Campbell River, BC
Reply to
mkoblic
Larry Jaques fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
Yeah, that's probably when they came out. I remember them on the shelves until the early 80s.
LLoyd
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
We have dew points above 70F in the summer here when the wind comes from the Gulf of Mexico. My air conditioner can barely control the humidity. Then the jet stream shifts and a much nicer breeze comes in from Hudson's Bay.
Tomorrow we are due for that shift, which is considerably less pleasant in winter.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
[Aqua Ivy]
Here's an abstract of a 1959 article on the testing of Aqua Ivy, with the conclusion that it was quite effective:
But then somebody else found it to be "hazardous", on anecdotal basis:
prompted a rebuttal:
a counter rebuttal:
"Hazardous" must have prevailed over "effective" because I can't find it today.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Got Snowsuits?
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Why do all the good things that we grew up with (DDT, Aqua Ivy, REAL roman candles, freedom, honest politicians) go away and all the crap (rust, Thompson's Waterseal, Minwhacked finishes, AIDS, dishonest politicians, Rap, Myron Florin music) stay with us forEVER?
-- In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus
Reply to
Larry Jaques

Site Timeline