Shoulder Report

Hi,

Well, I went to my 9th PT session on Thursday and saw the doc on Fri. After some consultation he decided to discharge me. I think I'm about 90% healed. The shoulder is still a tad loose when pulling straight out to the side, but does not dislocate anymore. I am continuing the exercises at home until I feel completely recovered, maybe in a week or two more. I am glad it responded to PT. I had my doubts in the beginning.

We have had about 10" of rain last week over about 3 days. There was much temporary street flooding. It is thundering as I write this, but rain probability is only 40%. The ground is saturated and If we get another line of big storms like last week, there are going to be some places flooded that have never flooded before. I am not worried about here, however. I know you both have had rain, especially Erik, as we got most of what hit Houston, only a little later in the week

I finally went down to the bike store to buy an Electra Townie 3S. (3-speed, front suspension) Of course there were none in stock. The owner said he cannot get what he wants from Electra as demand has far outstripped supply, especially in the Townie line. The Townie is aimed at older people that have not ridden a bike in years and has become very popular. So, I don't know when I will get my bike. It might be next week or 3-4 months. The dealer has had an 8 speed on order for 8 months with no idea when it will come in.

Love, Dad

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

On Sun, 16 May 2004 17:56:01 GMT, "Randal O'Brian" shouted from the rooftop:

Hope it works out for you.

Is this it?

I see a lot of bikes at the park, both recumbent and conventional, but nothing like the Electra. Looks like it wouldn't allow full leg extension? Have you ridden one? Got a review?

-Carl "An honest man doesn't need a long memory"- Jesse Ventura

Reply to
Carl Byrns

Hi Carl,

I have no idea how the message got on rcm, but no matter.

The Townie does in fact allow full leg extension if adjusted properly. I haven't ridden one because there are none to be had around here. I'll post a report if I ever get my hands on one,

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian