Sieg X3 pondering

While cleaning up my X3, I noticed the flange installed in the rear of the head. Why is it there? It would make sense if the head rotated on it. Perhaps Sieg is using the same casting for the X3 and Super X3, and maybe there is a way to adapt the X3 to a tilting head...

Look at part # 33 in the Grizzly user's manual. About a 1/2 inch bore.

R8 collet looks a bit crude. There were green paint flecks on the mating surfaces.

I see no way to apply oil to the spindle. Is this so?

Reply to
Louis Ohland