single phase reversable motor wires

I just let all of the smoke out of the switch box from a single phase reversable motor and would like to wire it to run in one direction to get me through until the repair parts come.

Coming out of the motor are leads colored red ,blue, black, white,

Can you give me a notion which leads would be connected for either direction? I tried making sense of the switch but it was full of grindings when it fried and it is just a charred blob.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
beecrofter

The usual setup would be black to L1, white to L2, red to one line and blue to the other, reverse them to reverse rotation.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Don't feel too bad.... E-bay selling bottled smoke again.... Getting it back in again can be fun....

kbeitz

Ya know like a dumbass I never took the motor cover plate off where all the instructons are written. Pretty much as you describe, I was too astounded by the smelly glob of fried switch. The machine grinds mower blades and even without aluminum it was thermite like in nature.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
beecrofter

Hi Guys:

I'm going through the current topics to hopefully suggest a way to tag valid RCM traffic.

Add RCM: on the beginning of the title line - BEFORE the obligatory OT?

Hang tiugh - keep posting.

CaveLamb

Reply to
cavelamb himself