Selling lathe

I bought a 28x72 axelson lathe for a spare in case I ever needed it for a back-up to the other one I've got. I may be selling it soon. It is very heavy duty with a 25 hp motor. I paid $3200.00 for it and don't want to lose a bundle on it. I'm in w. mich. Dixon

Reply to
Dixon

I suspect your motor weighs more than my whole Enco lathe.

If scrap keeps going up, with the size of DAT lathe you might could get $3200 for salvage!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I bet that could handle most any RCM project I could throw at it... Powering the 25HP motor would be an interesting project too. Perhaps my

20Kw diesel generator.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I've got a two stage RPC for my 25 horse Mazak lathe. Bring in a 15 horse idler motor first, wait ten seconds then bring in a 20 horse idler motor. Got a whole pile of run caps to balance voltages. It still dims lights in the house when the lathe starts.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

You should have bought some 40 to 60 HP VFDs that I was selling a few months ago, for silky smooth starts.

Ignoramus4185

Gonna be a pain to turn anything smaller than 1" Top speed is what...300 RPM? 250?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I fired up my 5hp rpc with the 3hp motor of my newly aquired lathe directly attached since it was laying on the floor outside of the machine. 8 HP did a good enough job of dimming my lights.

Lets hope we never have to pay for our electic billed in VARs used.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

An axelson should turn at least 800 and for that one I would bet it turns higher than that. My axelson turns 555 and it swings 34 inches. If I didnt need some other equipment at the moment I would jump on that lathe in a second.

My one 24 inch American Pacemaker turns 1300.

John

Reply to
john

I've operated a wide variety of engine lathes in my many years in the shop-----but none come close to the rigidity of an Axelson. Outstanding machines! That from the mouth of a dedicated and loving Monarch fan.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos