solar power

I take it you haven't went to any of your Class Reunions?

Trust me, they really don't change other than getting fat, bald and blind ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Doe (a female deer) goes:

"Whatever... A monkey would not have to bounce around very long on a keyboard to produce it."

Nor would froggie bump his ass when he hopped if he had wings.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I forgot, PV or wind turbine? Anyway, do the numbers roll back?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Do you not know how to quote UseNet text, Whinny?

Reply to
John Doe

Somebody else followed up to the original poster! Wow.

The Ignore SubThread filter is the best there is. It can help weak minds avoid being distracted.

Reply to
John Doe

Funny , my 40th was last weekend in Utah . I didn't like most of those people when I went to school with them , what makes them think I'm going to drive all the way from Tennessee to hang with them now ?

Reply to
Snag

And killfiles can help me avoid weak minds like yours . Goodbye !

Reply to
Snag

And since we are mentioning filters, it is a great time to add you to it. You have managed to insult a sizable number of decent people on this list and you bore me.

:)

Wes

Solar. I fly a helicopter and don't want any spinny things in the air when I ain't around. Or when I'm on approach.

Yep. SCE reading on 7/28: 64435 My " 8/5 64326

Oh yeah, I kill filed the mouthy troll.

Stu

Reply to
Stu Fields

Do electronically-read meters properly record that the meter is going backwards, or do they only count turns, and bill you both ways?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Tall things sticking up in the air near home base would bother me also. More so if I was piloting a rotor craft. A few miles from here there is a grass strip where the owner has power lines at the end of the runway. The wind comes out of the west and there sit the power lines.

I'm surprised he hasn't paid to have them put underground by now. I know it can be done since when I was on the township board 20 years ago, we paid to have a 4160K line put underground as it passed by our Cemetery.

Sweet! I hope PV techology get perfected as in low cost to manufacture and > 50 year life span. Might not help those in the city and burbs so much but country folk would come out pretty good. I bet even the Amish would love the things but I doubt they would feed back power ;)

He will pop up under another fake address. Maybe he will try another group if we ignore him. I see from the stats, TMT has left us. Cliffie is hanging in there but I don't see much of him in reflections anymore. I'm getting good at marking a thread Ignore.

May all your landings be good ones!

Wes

Wes

My 35th was recently. Most of the students, I'd really not care to see again and the teachers I would like to see are likely dead by now. Maybe I'll go to the 50th to see who lived if I make it. I should be retired by then, at least I hope I am.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

As he runs off to play with his imaginary kill file friend, if only for a while.

Some people on this "list" chose to be insulted.

Reply to
John Doe

As he runs off to play with his imaginary kill file friend. Kill files simply do not work here on UseNet, as has been proved at least twice here so far in the last week. At best they allow you to announce that you have kill filed somebody (that just looks silly). And then the person in your kill file gets to take potshots at you every time you post. Content-based filtering using Ignore SubThread is the only way to go.

Reply to
John Doe

I was kinda leanin' towards going , ridin' out and showin' up on a big ol' Harley touring bike . Woulda verified all the bad things they thought of me whilst we were being edjumacated . "I told you he'd end up a biker or something equally bad." Unfortunately , economics prevented that , and I'm really not sorry . Though it would have been fun to rub their noses in facts , like being debt free and still married to my first love .

Reply to
Snag

Right, Stew... See you in a few posts.

lol

My ID on UseNet has not changed for at least a decade, Wesley. I will pop up when your imaginary kill filed friend mysteriously disappears, it happens all the time.

I try lots of groups, Wesley, I am UseNet wide.

With the high percentage of off-topic political garbage posted here by regulars, does not look like you have everything under control. And then there is the possibility of some raving troll or Google Groups showering its love on you.

Good boy. Now if only you can learn to do Ignore SubThread, you will have it made. It is very much like Ignore Thread, except it works on the whole thread or on any branch in the thread.

Trying to teach elderly canines a new trick.

Reply to
John Doe

My Honda twin has been rusting against a tree for 30 years, the wife and I decided to part long ago and I could pay off the house today if I wanted to. I just wouldn't have more than 4 weeks pay on hand. I'm not going there, not in this economy. 2001 changed my view on spend today, earn tomorrow permanently. I see that savings rates for Americans is rising, I guess they are learning a lesson I learned two jobs ago in another bad economy. Hell, maybe it will build a bit of character. The great depression sure worked wonders on my grandparents financial philosophy.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

What's that Lassie? You say that Jon Elson fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Fri, 06 Aug 2010 17:05:49 -0500:

I know someone that runs a diesel generator(on bio diesel) to feed into the grid. When he moved to a new house that had a new meter, it wouldn't run backwards. He contacted the power co. to get the meter changed out, but they said 'no dice'. I thought they had to take the power back by law, but it seems they are exempt, due to being some kind of co-op or something.

Reply to
dan

Sweet. Sometimes I take a break from welding and wander out to the shade of my arrays. Very satisfying.

There's no comparison between the two. Wind turbines have lightweight blades and generally only three moving parts - the rotor, the furling mechanism, and the pivot. >10 years full time ops in a gusty wind area and I think I've only spent about $20 in parts. I'm pretty sure I spent more on shovel and hammer handles during the same period. :-)

No more of an issue than windsocks.

Since you're using the grid as a battery there isn't much need for wind power. But if you ever decide to disconnect from the grid and add your own batteries into the mix, then wind power will become more attractive.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Actually I stretched that debt-free , we do still owe on the house . But we also own free and clear 12 acres in the Ozarks and a nice camping trailer parked there . But the house is the only thing , and we have enough put away to keep us several months . Longer if the situation requires we abandon the city and only have to cover food , water , and energy .

Reply to
Snag