solar power

Tee Hee. Another one: Measured 7 sec per revolution of the meter in the reverse direction...

I don't really care if it takes 5,6, or 7 years for payback. I just love watching the meter go backwards. When you guys get my age you will understand how some simple things can be so much fun. It beats a lot of the current TV programming.

Reply to
Stu Fields

A little more context could be useful, IMO, or posting in a prior thread.

Reply to
John Doe

Context? Stu's post made perfect sense to me.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Main Entry: con·text

1 : the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning (Merriam-Webster)

Congratulations.

You said I was kill filed, Foreskin, did your imaginary kill file friend go play with somebody else?

Reply to
John Doe

I said no such thing, not that it matters. Troll on.

Reply to
Don Foreman

You are lying and/or suffering from Alzheimer's, Foreskin, try reviewing your recent posts.

There was nothing trollish about my request for "a little more context" from the original poster, Foreskin.

Reply to
John Doe

FWIW it made sense to me too . He's got a solar power setup that's backfeeding the grid , thus his meter runs backwards when it's sunny out .

Reply to
Snag

me=A0too.=A0excellent.

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Likewise - made sense to me.

Reply to
Dennis

He is just another young foul mouthed abusive idiot that thinks he knows everything. Give him a few years. If he survives, he will mellow out. Maybe.

Reply to
cavelamb

Maybe his name says it all....

Reply to
Dennis

Didn't make any sense to me at all. Why would someone feel good about taking money away from the Power Company ("all power be unto them")?

As far as the earlier spat goes, JD could try getting a life, but that might be too great an effort...

Joe

Reply to
Joe

the way i read it is that Stu is selling the power back to the utility so they can sell it on to someone else. I bet tho that they wont give him the price that he has to pay for the same no of units. IF they did that, they wouldnt be making a profit, and thats not American. as for JD, well, ill tell you a true story. In our village we have an idiot. He annoyes some of the folk some of the time,wandering about poking his nose into other folks business asking all sorts of stupid questions, he cant help it of course. he was born that way. There was a misguided person who thought that this idiot would leave the rest of the folk alone if he had a computer with a net connection. How wrong he was, not only does the idiot annoy his neibours, but he now annoys thousnands of other folk as well. Has to be a moral to that somewhere.!!. Guess its but by the grace of god I go. Almost as bad are armchair engineers, spend all their time theorising about this and that, and never do anything. Weve lots of these here as well on our local private railway. They all meet up on a Saturday talk about what there going to do all day, at 4 pm go and look at something, scratch somewhere, then its time for a brew up , then when they have drunk that its time to go home and watch a video of someone else polishing an engine. Have fun.

Reply to
Ted Frater

He took a bunch of taxpayer money, combined it with some of his own, and ignoring the taxpayer portion, installation, and maintenance costs, that it'll pay for itself in less than 20 or 25 years

Reply to
John Doe Jr.

That troll is somehow supposed to have something to do with me asking for more on the subject?

Reply to
John Doe

Young? You have a problem with young, Cavedick?

Sounds like your mother, Cavedick.

I know that there is always much to learn, regardless of how old you are.

I could not care less about your virtues, Cavedick. This is not some politically correct classroom, this is the unfiltered and unmoderated UseNet. You learn to cope.

Considering the look of this group, for example the high percentage of off-topic political garbage not even properly labeled, someone with Cavedick's description should fit in perfectly.

Reply to
John Doe

What a bitch...

Must have hit a nerve.

Reply to
cavelamb

Whatever... A monkey would not have to bounce around very long on a keyboard to produce it.

Reply to
John Doe

So, you are going to follow me around the news groups. How quaint.

Reply to
cavelamb

Wrong again, Cavedick... In fact, I posted about the exact same subject before you began trolling the inventor.

Reply to
John Doe