Solvent for dissolving asphalt tar?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 15:40:32 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Carl McIver" quickly quoth:

Verily. I learned that with water. I spray it on dirty items and walk away. Five or ten minutes later, the water-soluble dirt wipes right off. I then spray with solvent, walk away, and wipe the rest of the water-insoluble goo off in a few minutes. It sure beats scrubbing for half an hour, doesn't it?

=========================================================== Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed! ===========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That is the basic priciple of many paint strippers. You apply the jelly like stripper to the surface and it forms a skin over it and holds the stripper to the surface so it doesn't evaprate. That is why they instruct you not to disturb the surface once you apply it.

John

Reply to
John

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned "William Noble" wrote on Tue, 4 Sep 2007 21:19:46

-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Umm, have you priced N2 in liquid form? I've heard "it is cheap as beer" but they never say what kind of beer: Sludgwillers or a microbrew. But it was real neat when I poured the excess into my travel mug - sent a plume of fog out the opening. Cool enough I'm almost willing to go back over to assembly. Almost.

But the freezer trick is a cool alternative.

pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. " Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

replying to Jon Danniken, Dell wrote: Hello can anyone tell me what chemicals could have burnt this tarmac of the path my dog died after getting whatever it was help i thought it was some sort of acid the council say its not acid i do

Dell