Source for 1" white acrylic sheet

rec.crafts.metalworking Source for 1" white acrylic sheet

Who sell's 1 inch (or 24mm) thick white acrylic sheet? Clear seems readiliy available, but the white color (not translucent) has proven hard to find. Also, I'm looking for a small piece about 12" x 12" or maybe a piece of 1" x 3" bar stock.

Any suggestions greatly appreceiated.

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

tomcas

I don't think I've ever seen it that thick, but when I lived in Texas, Scientific Glass & Plastic had a lot of white acrylic. Try this link:

Good luck,

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

I don't think the thickness is a problem (up to 1" is available), but a piece that small might be (and a whole sheet is going to be $$$. Try the yellow pages; local plastic supply houses might have some offcuts. My local one always has a bunch piled up in their showroom that you can paw through. Maybe signmakers?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

A good source for small pieces of all types of plastic is Laminated Plastics in MA. They keep careful inventory of all their "drops" and carry a large inventory, so would be worth checking. (800)225-5004

If you don't absolutely have to have acrylic, white polypropylene may be easier to get hold of. Natural is translucent, but the white is opaque and is good looking.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Hi

We have off cuts of that BUT where are you we are in the UK

Thank you

John O'Connell

Wood burning camp stoves

occ