Source for 5MM or 3/16 HP tubing

I'm trying to make replacement probes for a fasttest connector.

The tubing is 5 mm and about 1.5MM [.060"] id. I took a chance on some 3/16"

0.090" since it was close and available at Mcmasters. I think it is going to be weak where I have to thread it.

The only tubing I know of is even close on ID is 1/4" 150PSI tubing.

Having worked with waterjet systems, that came to mind. I could make it work but I'd have to remake other parts of the tester.

Anyone have a source for what I'm looking for? 304 SS would be nice, carbon steel acceptable.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

3/16" 0.090" since

k where I have to

e it work but I'd

What do you consider high-pressure? Real high pressure lines use compression or flare fittings, not threads on the tubing, just because threads are a built-in stress riser.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I'm using the high pressure tubing for a low pressure application.

Back when I worked on 60,000 psi systems, the connections were made with a gland nut, a collar that was screwed on left hand threads cut into the piping, the end of the tubing was coned with a cone cutter and then the assembly was screwed into a fitting with a socket for the coned end to fit into. I believe the cones were cut for an interference fit iirc. It has been a decade or so since I have worked with the stuff.

The link above is the type of high pressure plumbing I just described that does have threads. The stuff is very heavy wall.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

0.090" since

where I have to

You say 3/16" .090 is this .090 wall thickness? If so, then the bore of the tube must be only .0075-----3/16=.1875 2X.090=.180--???

Reply to
Jerry Wass

I'm trying to get something closer to 0.060" ID, the stuff I have now is 0.090" ID.

Wes

Reply to
Wes