Source for Motor Bracket Part

I just bought a die filer (in very good shape) that uses a GE 1/2 HP

110v motor as the engine. The motor is fine but is missing one of the 2 brackets that hold the motor to the pressed steel frame.

The missing bracket is made from strapping material in 2 pieces that bolt together with a 3/16" bolt and a square nut. Each piece has a rectangular hole cut in one end that fits over a tab on the steel frame. The cross section of the strap is maybe 1/4" by 3/32". The rectangular hole is roughly 1/2" long.

If my description of the bracket is too vague, please let me know.

I figured these would be easy to find since I've seen similar ones on lots of machines. But the two places I've looked (McMaster/Carr and Reid Tool Supply) didn't seem to have them.

Where would you buy such an item?

Gary

Reply to
grice

That's called a cradle mount. Check Grainger, though a quick look didn't turn up anything for me. Your best bet is to walk into your local motor rewinder. If they don't have new straps, chances are there are some on the scrap pile. Here's a bunch that didn't sell on ebay...

OTH, that die filer is just the thing for finishing up the rectangular slots in a shop-made pair of straps. You might as well make use of it.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

This is a motor part? Get a new motor. Finding parts for those nonrigid frames is a bitch. I had to source a rubber bushing for one of those once, wound up making it from scratch, chiseling out the "teeth", jeez it was a mess. 1/2 horse motors from Harbor Freight are cheap.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Reply to
William Noble

The part you're looking for is Grainger # 2x234 called a motor mount latch. Check their website. Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Perfect! Unfortunately, Grainger has tightened up on who they sell to. I used to be able to get stuff from them but now they will only sell to companies with established accounts - not to individuals.

Gary

Reply to
grice

A $15 occupational license cures that, and enables you to deal with a lot of other "wholesale only" companies.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh