South Bend New Products in Grizzly Catalog Includes a SB 4x6 Bandsaw

There are a lot of SB products in the Grizzly catalog, including some which look a lot like some familiar/common Chinese products, only different.

The price isn't shown for the SB 4x6 bandsaw, noting that it will be available in March.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Sounds like SB sold their soul to the Chinese devils

Reply to
RBnDFW

Since SB hasn't been anything but a trademark for many years, it's more probable that the holder decided to cash out to the highest bidder.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I have been monitoring their web site. They led me to believe that they will be restarting production in US with a number of new items. However, their small lathes have been perpetually marked as "coming soon".

Disappointing...

Reply to
Michael Koblic

The lathes they were famous for were throwbacks to the 1920's. Mine would easily adapt to an overhead lineshaft drive.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Oh, I don't hold much with them new-fangled ideas. I was hoping for one with the yew bow and holding the tool in my toes. Seriously though, they list some big lathes which I assumed were made by them in USA. They kept promising a 10"x if I monitored their web site. This has been going on for a year.

Reply to
Michael Koblic

I expect it would be a rebranded import and not a new Heavy 10. They offered those into at least the 1990's, for $12,000 or about 10X the value of mine, and the ad admitted that it wasn't much good for production.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins