Speaking of ground off electronic part numbers

Mentioned in another thread was the possibility that a manufacturer may have ground off part numbers in a powers supply. I have a servo ampifier for my Fadal mill that needs to warm up before it will work. I have replaced it with a new Glentek which is repairable because the part numbers are intact. The one it replaced has all the part numbers ground off (GRRRRR!) so there is no I know of to diagnose it. But I'm not an electronics guy. I wish there was somebody who knew about these

1992 vintage servo amps and how to repair them. I've asked around but no luck so far. A new amp is 600 bucks so if I could have mine repaired for 300 or less I would do it. Eric
Reply to
etpm

Simply replace it with a Glentek, Servo Dynamics, or Advanced Motion Control

Ebay is a good place to find used ones very cheap.

Toss the old one in the scrap barrel.

AMCs on Ebay are from $50-150

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner