Square bend bolt sources

Would anyone happen to know a good source for galvanized square bend bolts ? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
rustyjames

Do you mean J-bolts?

Or U-bolts or L-bolts

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

do not know where you live, but there is a nationwide chain called fastenal, they specialize in bolts and fasteners, might be a local source for you. check in the local yellow pages for the local store. The bolts you are looking for, how are they used, do not recognize the the name that you are calling them, are you talking about a square bend u bolt?

Reply to
ol3_m3

Just WHAT is a "square bend" bolt ???? ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Thank you all for your responses. From what I uncovered (on the net) that's what they're called. Basically, they're like a U-bolt but with

90 degree bends to anchor square/rectangular tubing. The application is a boat trailer. Have a great holiday!
Reply to
rustyjames

Richard J Kinch

I should have mentioned I've checked most of the boat sites. they seem to only stock a few sizes (and usually nothing > than 3/8"). I'm replacing just about everyone one (and they are varying sizes). I thought maybe someone knew of a place that would cover the whole 9, instead of buying from several sources. Thanks again.

Reply to
rustyjames

U-bolts aren't all round, there are square ones too.

Grant Erwin

On 25 May 2007 06:24:00 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, rustyjames quickly quoth:

U-bolts are used by spring shops, but they're usually not galvanized. They'd surely know where to find some, though, I'd bet.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I noticed some at Tractor Supply Company recently. They also carry wheels, axles, and fenders for trailers.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

How much in hurry are you to do this? you might spend ages look ing for the "right "sized ubolts when it might be more economical to use ordinary bolts and flat plates drilled to take the bolt sizes you need. Just a thought

Reply to
Ted Frater

Try contacting a company called "Nuty Bolts and Screws" in Hesperia, CA. I know they deal in them because I saw them the last time I was there.

Jim Chandler

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Or buy regular ones and a can of spray galv.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner