SS MIG revisited

Turns out the only way I'm going to get a decent weld with the .023 solid SS wire is to get a bottle of trimix ... which ain't happening . Instead , I ordered a 1 lb roll of 309L flux core wire . It will be here next week so I'll have plenty of time to figure it out before I get to building the exhaust system . By the time I get this figured out it might have been cheaper to take it to a shop ... but then where's the satisfaction in that ?

Reply to
Snag

Exactly!!! Which is why I spent $130 on a bead buster and some tire spoons - - - I already own a compressor - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Nah-na-na-na-na-nah , my wife bought me a HF tire changer for Christmas - with motorcycle attachment , don't need spoons . One year she got me an ATV/motorcycle lift . She's a keeper ! I gotta say , she has indulged my toolwhoredom over the years . She has also realized the (tens of ?) thousands of dollars those tools have saved us over the years .

Reply to
Snag

On 12/10/2021 3:54 PM, Clare Snyder wrote: ..............

Nah-na-na-na-na-nah , my wife bought me a HF tire changer for Christmas - with motorcycle attachment , don't need spoons . One year she got me an ATV/motorcycle lift . She's a keeper ! I gotta say , she has indulged my toolwhoredom over the years . She has also realized the (tens of ?) thousands of dollars those tools have saved us over the years .

-------------------

I have some of the HF manual tire changers, perhaps not the one you have. They change the job from nearly impossible to very difficult and I still need the long spoons, and large C clamps. The tire shops won't touch older tires and some of my tractor tires are over 40.

A 2" RA air sander and X-tra Seal fixed my leaky rim problems.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

My problem is I don't have the spsce for all the full sized tools, not living on an "acreage out in the sticks" so I have to make do!! My g

Reply to
Clare Snyder

My problem is I don't have the spsce for all the full sized tools, not living on an "acreage out in the sticks" so I have to make do!! My g

I drill mounts for such bulky, rarely needed tools on a 3' square shop-made welding table with removable legs. When not in use they go back in the box. The table top has wheels on one side to roll it in and out of storage.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins