Using my 88amp mig welder for?

In my previous posts, i had tried to do ss with my Lincoln Pro-Core

88amp machine and finally gave up and swiycheded back to flux-core wire. Im make a cart now and the flux-core is working fine. And im getting better atr adjucting it.

After reading many other posts, it seems that that machine with gas cld do quite a few other things.

From what i read, with gas, it can do aluminium, copper as well as mild

steel. And better than flux-core.

My questions is: Wld i be better off, after i burn up the rest of this

10lbs of flux-core and then switch back to argon gas and use that for mild steel and then get a TIG machine for Al and SS & Cu or shld i spend a heap of time trying to do those with 88amp MiG machine. I can of course just leave it as a flux-core unit also.

Thanks

Blueraven..

Reply to
Blueraven

you failed on the SS because you used Argon.

Im make a cart now and the flux-core is working fine. And im

yes , but this time get a C25 argon- Co mix

not true, your machine does not have the amprage to do aluminum, also it is very hard to push a thin alu wire thru a 10' mig gun. copper ? I don't think so.

stick with mild steel on that machine it wil do just fine for hobby stuff arond the house, with flux core or solid wire. I built a picket fence around my yard with a lincoln pro mig 135 using flux core wire. never any trouble with it, Nice little prtable unit, I wish I wold still have one laying around.

would you STOP saying ARGON with your MIG. !!!!

and then get a TIG machine for Al and SS & Cu or shld i

if you want to do alu, stainless and copper, you will need a different machine altogether , A TIG would be nice. But if I were you I would get good with the machine you got now practicing on mild steel.

Look..... I am not trying to be rude, but you need to stop asking the samething over and over, a bunch of us told you...... many times..... that your MIG and argon will not work on stainless , at least not the way you want it. just because one person (dimond jim ) said "yes it wil work" and that is what you wanted to hear ......it does not make it so.

learning it the "hard hard way " is not always bad

good luck

Reply to
acrobat ants