Stanley Opening New Plant for Craftsman Tools in Texas

Stanley Opening New Plant for Craftsman Tools in Texas

Exerpt from page: "The new plant in Fort Worth will manufacture a wide range of CRAFTSMAN mechanics tools, including sockets, ratchets, wrenches and general sets. The plant will also leverage some of the most advanced manufacturing technologies available to optimize productivity and sustainability, including pre-flattening steel technologies to improve material yield by almost 25 percent, as well as water and energy management technologies to reduce resource consumption. The Fort Worth plant will employ approximately 500 full-time employees to support the facility."

My own comments: For anybody who has had their head in the sand for the last few years Sears sold Craftsman to Stanley Black & Decker a couple years ago, but they retained the right to continue to sell tools under the Craftsman label. Sears Craftsman was not made by Stanley. They at one point after the sale started an ad campaign with the mantra of being the "original" home of Craftsman tools. Stanley sued them over it. Whether or not Sears continues to exist or continues to contract tools to be made under the Craftsman label remains to be seen. I would make sure of what I was buying for now. Stanley or Sears contract tools.

Reply to
Bob La Londe