Steam Powered Airplane

Link for rare steam powered airplane.

Bob Swinney
Reply to
Robert Swinney
Just before WW2 there was renewed effort in steam planes, using steam turbines. These would have been much larger planes. But the successful advent of gas turbines sunk these efforts.
Reply to
Don Stauffer
Slightly earlier and not a capable
David Billington
--Wish I could find a link to the Stirling powered R/C model that Ross made ages ago. I've only seen a Betamax tape of it!
Reply to
steamer
This is a pretty good video of "Steam Powered Aeroplane"
Stuart Wheaton
Great timing. Yesterday i read an article about Doble steam cars. When they shut down the article said the design's new owners explored air, marine, and railroad uses of the flash-boiler system. You found one.
Reply to
Stupendous Man
It's a surprisingly neat looking machine. Interesting. Thanks!
Chris
Reply to
Christopher Tidy