Steel cutting blade in table saw?

I was cutting up some 18 ga sheet with my Tenyru-style blade in my Skil worm drive saw. The blade was perfect for this: 18 ga is too thick for my cheapo air shears and too slow with a sabre saw. The nuisance was clamping/holding the stock for the cuts. I thought: "This would be so much easier on the table saw". (Especially with the "sled".)

I checked the speed on the table saw: 4400 rpm, the blade max is 5800. I'd have to clean out the sawdust first and the metal chips would be a mess. But I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work, or would be a bad idea. Any opinions?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt