Stop spamming bolt heads!

No, this isn't a message to the spammers in this group. I just wish they made carriage and step bolts without markings on the heads. A bolt in Home Depot looked like it was marked with the initials of the company. Is it so weird for someone to want it to look nice? Like maybe for an outdoor bench, or the shelves I'm trying to build, where a smooth, round headed bolt would work if not for the markings. I found smooth headed grommet nuts, intended as door hardware, that work for part of my shelves (after I go through the trouble of counter boring the holes somehow, with a hand drill), but I may end up buying step bolts for another part, and I'll have to remove the number that's on the head. I guess with a file. I'm not sure a rotary wire brush would work. I can keep track of the product number without having my bolt heads defaced!

Reply to
Barry

I believe it is federal law that all bolts need identifiying markings.

Remove 333 to reply

Reply to
Randy