Strange battery failure

Ah, oops. Not a blasting cap. But the next best thing!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

That's the one I was thinking of. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

They had another much like it - but smaller - !!!! - due to the first. It was last year I want to say - maybe early this. The channel is full of petrol chemical companies up and down...

Gunner Asch wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

During basic over 14 years ago we were in radio operation class we were going along pretty good when we noticed smoke coming from a battery literally 4 feet away ,here the morons had attempted to remove the covering that was protecting the battery ,luckily one of the sargeants saw it and literally knocked out a window to throw it outside hopefully no one was below(we were on the second floor) ,I knew what batteries can do when they fail even saw a lead acid battery explode once never want to see that again . The lithiums are bad because they cant have no moisture at all come in contact with the core materials ,and unfortunately there isnt a place on earth that is that dry (0% humidity) except in the controlled enviroment of the assembly plant

Reply to
badaztek

not to get a OT but just recently in a town called Pine grove ,PA they had just made it legal for powered wheelchairs to go on the road this is going to be so interesting

Reply to
badaztek

Reminds me what happened when I was a kid a couple guys near Emlenton,PA was cutting up an old fuel tank from a closed gas station when it exploded when they rescue company got there all they found was literally the tank laid out flat like a big flower and the two guys that was working on it the one they found several hundred feet away the other they found only remnants of his body ,what had happened was there was no gasoline in the tank but there was fumes and that was what ignited and it was powerful I lived almost 6-7 miles away and it sounded like thunder ,but because of this stricter safety requirements were put in place for the scrapping of old fuel tanks the biggest thing was the use of alot of dry ice placed inside to displace the fumes,

Reply to
badaztek

Which "Pine grove ,PA " was this? There are at least 3 that I know of. I'm realy curious. Thanks. ...lew... ( formerly a State College PA resident )

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Hopefully, the operators will show a bit more sense than around here. We HAD one chap who liked to cross the intersection or two major streets diagonally by starting out during the few seconds when all traffic was at a stop; this on an unlighted chair, after dark. You will note that I said "HAD". Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller